This year for my holiday cookie baking projects I decided to try out a few new recipes to add to my collection of cookies.
I have always wanted to make those powdered little tea cookies but I never think of it when I am ready to bake. This year though it was on my list and hence these were born. I wanted it to be a buttery cookie like shortbread but with that yummy Nutella flavor.
The cookie dough is not really sweet by itself. However, rolling the baked cookie in powdered sugar makes it perfect. It is easy to make Nutella buttery goodness.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 – 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with silpat or parchment paper.
- Using your stand mixer and paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on high-speed until light and fluffy for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla. Gradually add the flour until incorporated. Add in Nutella.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out dough on to a baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, approximately 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Working in batches, roll the cookies in the sugar until coated.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.