Tonight, it is about dinner time but I am not super hungry yet, could snack hungry.
I decided to try out this recipe from one of my favorite food network personalities, Ellie Krieger. She is all about flavor but low-calorie and better for you spins on your favorite vices. These little babies will definitely be on my list for appetizers or things to snack on. I was eating these things like chips, one right after another! It is pretty quick to prep and tasty.
In my adaptation of her recipe, I removed the cooking spray, salt and subbed the cheese and cut down the zucchini by 1. I also took the extra breading mixture and sprinkled it on top of the rounds.
You can see her recipe here: Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup 3 Italian Cheese shredded or grated Blend ( Romano, Asiago, Parmesan )
- 1/4 cup herbed bread crumbs
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs and pepper.
- Dip each round into the cheese mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet lined with a silpat. If there is any extra breading you can sprinkle it on rounds. Although if watching calories, skip this.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 15 to 30 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Remove with spatula to a plate. Serve immediately.