So I think I have found a new favorite frozen treat.
This dish of yumminess is the third recipe in my Ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet adventure. So far it is my favorite out of the three which is surprising. It has a strong tea flavor but it is so refreshing and I might even be able to substitute my tea craving for this…almost. I love my daily cup(s) of tea and this only adds to my tea options, especially in the summer. It’s perfect for a hot summer day like today when it is in the 90’s.
I would suggest giving this recipe a try if you like Earl Grey tea.
Next, I think I am going to try a peach mango black tea sorbet. My mouth just literally started salivating at the mention so it’s a done deal!
- 41⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and let cook until sugar is dissolved – do not stir.
- Add tea bags and let steep for 15 minutes. Remove, squeeze and discard tea bags. Allow liquid to come to room temperature; stir in lemon juice.
- Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Follow the instructions for your frozen treat maker.
For my machine it was the following: Turn on the machine and pour the mixture into freezer bowl and let mix until thicken, about 25 minutes. The sorbet will have a soft texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in freezer for about two hours. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
This is the machine I used: Ice Cream Maker.
The sugar portions seem a bit much for me so I am going to try cutting it down or using a substitute to see how that goes.