I always look forward to making these. There is something about these gems that are soooo yummy and elegant! It is a simple dessert but oh so perfect in summer or anytime!
- 15 large fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup cold mascarpone cheese (can substitute with regular cream cheese)
- 1/3 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Wash and cut the green stems off (if you like) so the strawberries will stand upright when placed on your plate.
- With a small sharp knife, cut an “X” into each strawberry, starting at the top of the strawberry and cutting down almost to the bottom of the strawberry. Next, spread each strawberry apart to open them up a bit but not to much. Set aside while you make the cream filling.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the mascarpone cheese, heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Starting at the bottom of the strawberry, pipe the cream into each strawberry.