This slow-cooker corned beef and cabbage recipe is super simple, you really shouldn’t wait until St. Patrick’s Day to make it. Enjoy it all year around.
- 1 (4 – 5 pound) corned beef, rinsed
- 1 medium 1/2 head of cabbage, cut into quarter wedges
- 6 baby potatoes, halved
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock or water
- 8 ounces beer or strongbow cider.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper corns
- Place onions, carrots, and potatoes in the bottom of a large crock pot.
- Rinse the corned beef and lay it over the vegetables. Add in bay leaves, pepper corns, and Dijon mustard. (or packet if your corned beef has it.)
- Pour beer and stock over everything. Make sure liquid covers most of the corned beef; if not, add more water or stock. Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Add the cabbage to the slow cooker and cook until cabbage is just tender (about 30 minutes).
- Slice beef against the grain and serve with veggies and extra mustard if desired.