In honor of Blueberry Muffin day, I would like to share my favorite blueberry muffins with you! The above photo of blueberry yumminess are of a batch I baked this morning for my team. My thoughts are they are best when fresh or warmed up.
To learn more about this day visit the following:
My Blueberry muffins recipe:
Mega Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- Cooking spray for greasing or paper liners
- one and one-half cups plus two tablespoons all-purpose flour (divided use, read below)
- one and one-half teaspoons baking powder
- one-half teaspoon salt
- one-half cup whole or low-fat milk (let sit on counter for 10 minutes or so)
- one large egg
- one-half cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
- one-half cup sugar
- one and one-half cups fresh blueberries, washed and patted dry, or frozen blueberries can be used in a pinch.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° degrees F. Spray muffin pans lightly with cooking spray or use paper liners to line the pans (my preference, less mess). Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the milk, egg and melted butter.
- In a bowl with the flour mixture add the wet ingredients, mix by hand until just combined.
- In a bowl, scatter the 2 tablespoons flour over the berries and toss to coat them evenly. Fold in the blueberries into the batter, working gently and just long enough to distribute the berries evenly.
- With a scoop, divide the batter evenly among 12 muffin cups. Bake until the top of a muffin springs back when lightly pressed, 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove them from the pan and cool completely or just dive in (at your own risk)! Take caution as the berries may be hot and may burn if you eat it right out of the oven.
More Blueberry Muffin recipes:
- Food Network’s Double Blueberry Muffins
- The Pioneer Women’s Blueberry Muffins
- Joy of Baking Blueberry Muffins
- Martha Stewart’s Blueberry Muffins
- Ina Garten’s Coffeecake Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
- Elena’s Pantry Blueberry Muffins (the easiest recipe I have seen for a GF recipe)
- Blueberry Muffin Video Recipe