Nutella by itself is just soooo fantastic. A super yummy spread great on anything like pancakes, sandwiched between two cookies, on toast, a spoon and so much more. There is something about the combo of hazelnut and chocolate, just yum!
These cookies are fairly simple and they taste so good. Warning, the are addicting.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, homemade if you have it.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the butter, Nutella, sugar and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- With a small scoop, scoop out the dough onto a cookie sheet, spacing the dough about 3 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute and then transfer to a wire rack.