This icing goes wonderfully with any pumpkin or spice cupcake. It can also be used on carrot cakes or any cake that needs a subtle creamy not sugary frosting.
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer at high speed until fluffy.
- Sift confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon over cream cheese mixture, and then beat at medium speed until incorporated.
- Spread frosting over top of cooled cake.