On the warm days of summer , what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you want something to cool you off? Ice Cream! Always perfect for those warm summer days and nights.
In 1984, Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month. He also named the third Sunday in July as National Ice Cream Day. So that means Sunday, July 15 deserves a special celebration!
Whatever way you plan on celebrating your ice cream, check out the links below for interesting infomation on Ice Cream and some great ideas. Also, Check out the Ice Cream store for kewl gadgets to make ice cream at home!
- The History of Ice Cream
- From the Cow to the Cone
- What’s in the Ice Cream Aisle?
- Ice Cream Labeling
- Ice Cream Sales & Trends
- Tips on Storing & Handling Ice Cream
Here are a few recipe ideas from various sources I love for celebrating this yummy occasion on Sunday July 15, 2012:
Tara’s Kitchen Online Fav Ice Cream Recipes.
Ice Cream Recipes via http://www.ice-cream-recipes.com
Martha Stewart’s Ice Cream Treats.
Food Network’s Ice Cream Recipes
Here you will find the traditional ice cream recipes, but you will also find some pretty out there combos of favor. Spicy beet ice cream anyone? *smiles*
Traditional Ice Cream: For everyone.
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- French Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- “Serious” Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Adventurous Ice Cream: For those who like to live on the culinary flavor edge.
- Sour Cherry and Black Pepper Ice Cream
- Banana Ice Cream
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Pecan Ice Cream
- Ginger Ice Cream
- Honey Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peach Ice Cream
- White Pepper Ice Cream
- Blueberry Ice Cream
- Fresh Lemon and Lavender Ice Cream
- Island Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Lavender (or Peppermint) Ice Cream
- Carrot and Orange Ice Cream
- Avocado Ice Cream
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Kahlua Chip Ice Cream
- Date Ice Cream Sundae
- Chicory Coffee Ice Cream
- Jasmine Tea Souffle with Lemon Grass Ice Cream
- Spicy Beet Ice Cream
- Wattleseed Ice Cream with Homemade Macadamia Nut Cookies
Ice Cream Drink Recipes: For general happiness add a shot of rum to all recipes below.
- Toasted Almond Supreme
- Chocolate Milk Shake
- Raspberry Chocolate Shakes
- Rootbeer Rocket
- Iced Coffee Mocha Float
Ice Cream Fixings: To make an already amazing treat, even better.
- Uncle Bill’s Hot Fudge Sauce
- Candied Pumpkin Ice Cream Syrup
- Chocolate Raspberry Sauce
- Crepe Ice Cream Cones and Cups
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
- Lemon-Scented Caramel Sauce
Whatever your taste, I hope you find a recipe to interest you and hope you get your ice cream on! Check out the Ice Cream store for all your ice cream needs!