- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups drained cannellini beans canned, liquid reserved
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook zucchini, celery, onion, salt and pepper until soft, about 8 minutes. Mix in garlic and cook, stirring, another minute.
- Combine veggies, tomatoes, beans, 1/4 cup of the bean liquid, thyme and bay leaves in a 2-quart baking dish. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve warm with toast on the side.